It’s that time of year again! Summer is coming to a close and the new school season is just around the corner. Back to school shopping is fun for kids, but can create some stress for the parents. Let’s make it a bit easier with some back to school savings and school preparedness ideas to help you have a great start to the new school year.
Back to School Savings Ideas!
- Shop the Sales! Keep your eye out for back to school sales and get some great bargains.
- Expand Your Options! Besides Target, Walmart, and Amazon, look again at dollar stores, wholesale clubs, and office supply stores for back to school savings.
- Take Your Time & Make a Plan! You don’t need to buy everything all at once or get it all from the same store. Back to school savings is achieved when you are not rushed or buying at the last minute.
- Compare Prices & Ask About Price Matching! Every store is different, but Best Buy, Target, and Walmart do have price matching policies.
- Save Your Receipts! If you buy something now and it goes on sale later, you may be able to get a price adjustment.
- Shop the Store Brands! Great quality and prices can be found with the store branded products.
- Plan a School Supply Swap! Organize this with your friends and neighbors. It’s a fun way to get everyone together and trade your extra school supplies for items that you need.
Prepare for School & Get Your Kids Excited!
Getting your children involved in the back to school shopping & preparing helps them get excited about starting a new school year. Positive attitudes from the adults will also help the kids stay positive about getting ready for school.
- Set an age appropriate budget for the kids and get them involved in choosing their items.
- Find a great deal on school supplies? Grab a few extra items and have your child donate them to his new classroom. Helping others makes everyone feel good.
- Take a walk around the school campus prior to the first day of school. If you can’t get inside, it’s okay. Just walking around the perimeter of the school will build familiarity with your child and help ease those first day nerves. Point out the classrooms, office, playground, and car pick-up area.
- Get the kids involved in choosing healthy lunch and snack foods.
- Set a routine and stick to it. Regular and routine bed times, wake times, meal times and homework times will help your household run smoothly.
Rancho Cal Insurance Services wishes everyone a great start to this new school year. Back to school savings ideas and school preparedness ideas are easy ways to make this time of year a little bit easier. Enjoy this back to school time with your families and have a great school year.