No school, no work, no friends gathering together; these are challenging times for all of us! While the Coronavirus Covid-19 shut-down can be stressful, it’s the best way to keep everyone healthy. Rancho Cal Insurance Services has some great resources & fun ideas to help keep you and your family busy during this COVID-19 Stay At Home Order.
Try these fun ideas for you & your family:
- Try an audio book with audible.com; they just released a free selection for kids! https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Watch Live Cams from the San Diego Zoo: https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
- Check out this YouTube channel, Storyline Online, and hear celebrities like Betty White, Viola Davis & Chris Pine read children’s books: https://www.youtube.com/user/StorylineOnline/videos
- Take a virtual tour of the Carlsbad Caverns: https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/carlsbad-caverns-new-mexico-virtual-tour
- Watch Live Cams of elephants, pandas, tigers & more from the San Diego Safari Park: https://www.sdzsafaripark.org/elephant-cam
- Relax with Meditation! We like the ‘CALM’ app, give it a try.
- Exercise at home, you can do it! Try some push-ups, isometric exercises, jump rope, bicycling, yoga or search online for some exercise videos to follow.
- Plan a scavenger hunt for your kids!
- Clean out that junk drawer, closet or pantry. We’ll be tackling our garage this weekend!
- Try out a new recipe! Search by the ingredients you have on hand with the SuperCook, Tasty, or Yummly app.
- Puzzles! We never out grow the challenge of a good puzzle.
- Read a good book & encourage your kids to read each day. If you need a new book, try the Amazon Kindle app.
- Try Zoom or Skype to meet with your friends online.
- Art Class! Learn to draw animals: https://easyanimals2draw.com/
- Local students can enter the 2020 Virtual Student Arts Competition for Riverside County Students, https://www.rcoe.us/art-connects/
- Classic Board Games! Scrabble, Monopoly, or Yahtzee anyone?
- Use Google Earth to see sites from all over the world! https://earth.google.com/web
- Call our office to get a free insurance quote! (Okay, maybe not “fun”, but hey,you’re at the end of our list!)
Stay positive everyone & make the most out of this time with your family! We hope you all stay healthy, and if you do get ill, we hope you recover quickly. We are here to answer any questions you have about your home insurance, auto insurance or business insurance. Our family has been part of this community for over 30 years & we’ll continue to help our Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, and surrounding communities during this shut-down period and after it ends. Please call or email us, as we are not offering in-person appointments right now. We hope things get back to normal soon, but in the meantime we are reachable by phone: 951-260-0190, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.