Do I need insurance if I’m renting? We get this question often, and the short answer for you is, Yes, you do! Don’t worry though, we are here to help you with your Renters insurance. Renters insurance protects your belongings if they are damaged or stolen while you are renting your home or apartment. Without it, you would have no help replacing your stuff after a fire or theft. It can also cover more than just your personal belongings and we’ll explain that too. Rancho Cal Insurance Services can make Renters insurance quick, easy, and affordable. Who wouldn’t want that?
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Renters policies can vary between different companies. Always review your documents to see what type of policy and coverages that you have. Examples of common coverages that may be included on your policy are shown here.
- Personal Property: Your personal belongings. Examples: Furniture, clothing, electronics, sporting goods, etc.
- Personal Liability: Liability protection for you in case someone is injured at your home and you are blamed for the event.
- Additional Living Expenses: If you are not able to live in your home or apartment while covered damages are being repaired, this Additional Living Expense coverage helps you with additional expenses, like food & lodging, while you are displaced from your home.
- Theft coverage: Coverage for theft of your personal belongings.
- Medical Expense: Most policies include a small amount of no-fault medical expense coverage for injuries to a guest in your home.
Okay, now that we have explained some common Renters insurance coverages. Let’s take a minute and talk about what is not covered on your Renters insurance policy. Renters insurance does not cover your car, trailer, motorcycle, earthquake, flood, or the structure of the home or apartment. It also does not cover stuff that belongs to your roommates or stuff that is provided by the landlord.
Rancho Cal Insurance Services understands that your belongings are important to you. We want to help you protect them with a Renters insurance policy. The good news is that Renters insurance is inexpensive and we make it easy for you. Reach out to us today for your Renters insurance. We are happy to help you.